mandag den 15. oktober 2007

My latest taste experiences

Estate Coffee: Kangocho Kenya AA+, Clover brewing method.

Very tasty. good fruitiness and light acidity. The clover makes it very clean, both in color and taste. Though it was a bit fat in the mouth it still where kept smooth. Definitely a coffee worth trying. I think it will be good, even though it is a Kenya, as a morning coffee because of the fresh fruity berry taste. It quickens you up. At least it quickened me up. I am looking forward to trying it with French Press.

Estate Coffee: Las Nubes, Guatemala. French Press.

Now this is going to be one of my favorites. Light, smooth and a hint of fresh fruit. Very balanced and delicate in the mouth. It almost feels like when chocolate melts on your tongue. I really want to try this as an espresso. It could be interesting. When having it brewed on the Clover I think it takes a little bit of the body and therefore also a bit of the character of the coffee, but still it is very tasty.

1 kommentar:

Coffee Mowgli sagde ...

This is kinda interesting. Right now I am sitting and drinking the Las Nubes French Press just as I did this morning but there is a difference. I know that there can never be two identical brews but the difference here is that the one I am drinking now is made with Copenhagen tap-water and the one from earlier was with tap-water from Northern Zealand. You can really taste the differnce in the solids. The one I had this morning was more sweet and more smooth and well balanced but now it is almost iron-ish and too heavy. I knew it had that effect but not really tasted it like this. Cool.